<< Back to all positions
Job Title: Software Developer
Department: IS - Information Systems
Ultimate goal for the department is to assist company in meeting its goals for sales and production with the correct hardware and software that meets the requirements of the company. This position is part of a team that designs, develops, and maintains the Enterprise Resource Planning System.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary by the immediate/acting leadership.
- Understand the production and office work flow processes and suggest systems that will meet their needs.
- Help generate overall designs and concepts from discussions with appropriate members of the company.
- Gather and convey status updates on various projects and requests.
- Maintain an acceptable knowledge of programming languages used within the department.
- Design interfaces and code applications at an acceptable level that meets department requirements, meets coding standards, passes unit testing, and passes software testing.
- Provides technical assistance on various systems within the company. This includes systems that we have not been directly involved in its creation.
- Provides technical assistance to members of the sales team outside of immediate Bertch associates, as deemed necessary by management.
- Performs and/or aids in the job requirements and duties of members of his/her team as necessary.
- Switches tasks when needed and records time spent on each task.
- Documents what was done during a task and provides overall summary of outcome of work request.
- Communicates effectively and contributes to a team environment.
- Draws conclusions from historical data and log files to form possibilities that may have occurred during a process to be able to troubleshoot an event that has already occurred, then attempt to recreate event in a test environment.
All associates have the responsibility to meet all of the requirements for their work processes the first time, every time; nonconformance is not acceptable.
No leadership responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) or equivalent from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Fluent in MSWord and Excel. Programming environment includes Oracle database, PL/SQL, C#, and ASP.NET.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Very effective trouble shooting skills and logic reasoning needed. Must communicate effectively and contribute to a team environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The associate is frequently required to talk or hear. The associate is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.